Sunday, March 6, 2011

3*6*11

Let me share with you a story. Today I decided to head up to the Red Caboose for a little coffee fix. Lately I've been trying to keep my eyes peeled for interesting characters. I was in luck. As I pulled in I practically ran over this older woman who was bending over picking up trash. Okay, not really, but I was in a car and she was picking up garbage.

As I exited my car she told me sternly, "Don't litter!" She then proceeded to beacon me to help her. I couldn't tell if she was asking for help in the moment or just in general. Apparently she picks up trash every day for four miles. I offered to buy her a coffee or yogurt but she was not interested. All she wanted from me was to not litter.

I went inside a bit discontent because I neither had an interesting conversation with her, nor did I get a chance to take her picture.

I then mustered up the guts to go out again and ask to grab a quick shot of her.
When I asked she replied with, "I don't care, just don't litter."

She was interesting... and now I have a picture of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment